Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Delicious Sandwiches and some Home Decor

On the weekend I attended a Mad Hatters Tea Party for a friend that's getting married.

It was a very pleasant afternoon, playing a few games and enjoying the wonderful company, not to mention the abundance of food!!!  The 'hero' food for me wasn't the cheesecake or pavlova but the sandwiches!!!  I'm sure they are the best I'd ever tasted. The friend who made them emailed the recipe to me and so I made them the next day!!

You might enjoy them too, spread on some lovely fresh bread.



Mix in a bowl:

Roast chicken chopped (I bought a chicken, took off the wings and legs and chopped up the remainder)
Celery (I used 4 sticks), finely chopped.
Small packet of Pistachios (I used the whole packet) finely chopped.
2 tablespoons chopped chives, or to taste
2 tablespoons sour cream
Mayonnaise to mix to desired consistency
Black pepper.

Use thin white bread, spread with minimal butter.
For a nicer presentable finish, spread mix between 3 slices of bread, cut off crusts and cut into small rectangular ‘fingers’






After some lovely homewares?
I have just finished developing a website for Lavilla which is a beautiful homewares and gift shop in my home town of Loxton. We are so fortunate to have it here as it has such a great range of things.  You can visit the website now at www.lavilla.com.au

I'll leave you with some images from Lavilla.







When I popped in there this morning they were unpacking boxes which contained new Christmas decorations and lots of other tempting things!



 

6 comments:

Mariette's Back to Basics said... Reply to comment

Deares Annette,

The sandwiches look and sound like yummy. The pistachios are new to me and sure add some 'bite'.
You did a great job on this Lavilla website and she has lovely items. Wish you all lots of luck!
Love to you,

Mariette

Pip said... Reply to comment

Yum, yum, those sandwiches looks very edible, a different take on the chicken sanga that's for sure. It looks as if a trip to Loxton would be well worth the drive just to have a look around Lavilla.

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

Annette i will be trying those sandwiches,thankyou for sharing,and what a lovely shop.

Alison said... Reply to comment

When yummies are on the table I always head for the sanga's and those sound YUMMMY!

Look at all those lovely goodies, just waiting for a home.

Jo said... Reply to comment

Thanks for the recipe Netty we will have to use it for Han`s garden party they sound yummy.

Unknown said... Reply to comment

mad hatters tea party sounds fun
the store looks fabulous how exciting

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...